Monday, January 19, 2015

Journey to Parenthood

Yesterday me & my wife went for an event at Bukit Jalil Golf & Country Resort for Journey to Parenthood sharing by an outstanding doctor from Hospital Pantai Cheras. I go there with less expectation, not knowing what will be presented and shared by the doctor. My sister in law is the one registered us to the event.

In the car heading to the place, I ask my wife what is this event is all about. Then she said something about Hypnobirthing, water birth and stuffs. Well, sounded interesting, actually I don't really know what are those thing. LOL.


I am always in favors of normal birthing aka vaginal birthing rather than caesarean section when giving birth. Well, turn out hypnobirthing and water birth are the new way of natural child birth, but more gentle and use no medicine, no more screaming and shouting of the mum. Really interesting is that the mum just need to breath out the baby for birth.

They shown a video of child birth using water birth method. The mum sat in birthing pool until all the tummy is submerge under water. With few relaxing breathing technique accompany by the husband, the child head slowly emerge. After few moments, the whole baby body just literrally popped out from the mum and child birth is done. Subhanallah سبحان الله

They also talked about breastfeeding. I always wanted my baby to be breastfeed cause I know there are many benefits to the mum and the baby. Few tips shared by the doctor to make sure breastfeeding is a success:
1. Feed breast milk only
2. No bottle feeding, at least for the first month after delivery
3. Always do night feed
4. Follow the one week rule after child birth
Like what the doctor said, there is no shortcut for breastfeeding. Work hard indeed.

Well now I know, maybe not much, but enough to make myself comfortable with my wife decision of doing hypnobirthing at Hospital Pantai Bangsar.

Ya Allah يا الله please ease my wife pregnancy and child delivery, and please ensure both my wife and my baby healthy and strong. Amin

No comments:

Post a Comment